Sunday, October 5, 2014

Changed Hearts Healthy Living Challenge Recipe: Chicken & Shrimp Kabobs

With this recipe, I pretty much created it as I was going! FYI I don't do a very good job of using measurements when I create my own recipes; I just sprinkle as I go. Due to this I don't have actual measurements for the seasonings so for everything listed just moderately cover the meat and veggies with  your favorite spices and marinade!

Ingredients: 
  • Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (you can also use regular chicken breasts, this what just what I had in the fridge!)
  • Green peppers
  • Red peppers
  • Yellow peppers
  • Orange peppers
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Sweet onion
  • Zucchinni 
  • Squash
  • Lowry's Herb & Garlic Marinade
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Basil leaves
  • Oregano
  • Cayenne pepper (a very little bit)
  • Old bay seasoning (only on the shrimp)
  • Soul seasoning

Directions: Cut up all of your veggies into squares so that they will fit on the skewers. The shrimp don't have to be cut but the chicken should be cut into at least 3 pieces (4 for larger chicken breasts). Combine seasonings in a bowl with the Herb & Garlic marinade and let each veggie and the chicken and shrimp soak in the combination. Add the meat and veggies on to your skewers in whatever sequence that you like and then grill for 20 minutes. I use the Big Boss Grill, so be sure to set your time based on the heating of your grill settings You can also bake them in the oven as well! It tastes best if you allow the skewers to sit in the marinade for a few hours or overnight.


I paired it with rice with peas and carrots and steamables asparagus in Szechuan sauce.


Join the Changed Hearts Healthy Living Challenge for the month of October here!








 

Reminders:

  • Don't forget to register for the Changed Hearts: Singles With Purpose Online Conference here!
  • Don't forget to check out the Changed Hearts website www.changedheartsunited.com 
  • You can find all of the monthly teachings, vlogs, Changed Hearts: Real Talk and Q&A's on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/AngelWalston
  • Contact: 
    • Facebook: Angel Walston
    • Twitter: @AngelCheron
    • Instagram: @angel_cheron 
    • Email: changedheartsquestions@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment