- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 6 oz low-fat plain yogurt (I used Dannon Oikos non-fat greek yogurt in vanilla)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs (I used Japanese style panko seasoned bread crumbs by 4C)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter (I did not use butter at all but the butter probably would help to keep the breading to stay on a little better for the side that is on the pan)
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- In addition to the above I added basil leaves, crushed rosemary, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place yogurt in a small bowl and stir until creamy smooth. Add lemon and stir together. (Note: if you do not stir the yogurt first, the lemon juice will make the yogurt curdle). In a separate shallow dish or bowl combine the crumbs, garlic powder, and salt to taste; mix together.
- In a 9/x13 inch baking dish place 1 scant pat of butter or margarine for each chicken breast. Rinse chicken breast and pat dry. Dip each breast in the lemon/yogurt mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture (coating completely but not heavily).
- Place coated chicken in the baking dish and top each breast with a full pat of butter or margarine. Sprinkle with copped parsley and bake in the preheated over for 1 hours (with thin chicken breasts you can do ~40 minutes). Let cook for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This is the finished product! I paired it with steamables corn and garlic roasted broccoli (just mix olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper as needed for taste, and toss the broccoli in the mixture then bake for 15 min on 375).
Join the Changed Hearts Healthy Living Challenge for the month of October here!
- Don't forget to register for the Changed Hearts: Singles With Purpose Online Conference here!
- Don't forget to check out the Changed Hearts website www.changedheartsunited.com
- You can find all of the monthly teachings, vlogs, and more on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/AngelWalston
- Facebook: Angel Walston
- Twitter: @AngelCheron
- Instagram: @angel_cheron
- Email: email@example.com