On May 3, 1988 an angel was born...no seriously Angel Cheron Walston that is lol Today is officially my born day woo hoo and I turned 26 or as I like to call it pushing 30. I kid, I kid, I kid (not really). I thought it would be nice to reflect on 26 things that I've learned in my 26 years that I would share to my younger self if I knew what I know now. Hope that it encourages you as well :)
1. Do what is right even if no one is around to see you do wrong. The guilt alone will get you.
2. No matter if you do everything right someone will find fault with you.
3. STOP waiting for everyone to be okay with the decisions that you make.
4. Be patient. Don't rush the season that God has you in.
5. Don't covet. If it was meant for you God would have given it to you.
6. You will never know what
love is until you know the love of God.
8. Going natural is seriously like the best thing ever. Should've done it sooner.
9. You will get through it. And that too....and that too. The world really isn't over because of that one thing that seems so bad.
10. When men show you their true colors get out! It won't change...you're not married to them so leave while you can. Let God choose your boo please and thanks.
11. Let it go!!! You have to let it go.
12. When you stop talking about it you'll stop thinking about it. That's when you're really over it. Refer to #11
13. You were never created to fit in or follow the crowd. You will learn to be okay with that.
14. Trust God. No questions asked.
15. People in your life will come and go and that's okay. It doesn't make them bad people and it doesn't make you a bad person to close that door and do what is best for you.
16. Some people are seasonal and some are lifetime. Don't take it personal because you need them both to grow.
17. It's okay to let your guard down. No seriously....I know what you're thinking. It's okay...
18. Some thing's may never change but don't allow that to hinder you from changing. If you can't change the situation, allow God to change you and your attitude in it.
19. The greatest thing you can ever learn to do is to forgive. Do so quickly.
20. Confront issues immediately. The longer you let it go unaddressed the less likely you will attempt to make it right.
21. You will not be a product of your environment. I promise.
22. You don't lose friends. When you lose a person in your life they were meant to leave. Don't fight it, let them go and don't be afraid to walk away.
23. Men and woman can never be just friends. No need in trying to convince yourself otherwise...just listen.
24. The best days of your life will outweigh the worst days.
25. It will get better. It will also get harder at times. Just remember to never give up.