Thursday, April 17, 2014

Jeremiah 16



Day 17: Jeremiah 16:1-21
So I will throw you out of this land into a land neither you nor your ancestors have known, and there you will serve other gods day and night, for I will show you no favor (Jeremiah 26:13, NIV).
                Be honest, do you ever get tired of the Holy Spirit convicting you? I remember when I first got saved, I would get frustrated because I felt like I would get convicted on everything! I would think gosh I can’t do anything and to make it worst I would get frustrated when I would see other people who it seemed like they could do whatever they wanted to without any guilt no matter how far outside of God’s will it was. We have to understand that it is not a good position to be in when God allows us to do whatever we want to do. Initially it may seem great, but the reality is if we get to that point it’s because our hearts have become so stubborn towards God that we’ve turned away from Him. Once He allows us to give into our own selfish desire and idolatrous ways, His judgment is sure to come. Do not hate the pruning process as it is for our good and it keeps us in rightful fellowship with God. Furthermore, you have to understand that once you come into the knowledge of Him, He sets you apart and to simply put it you just cannot do what everyone else is doing. There were things that God told Jeremiah to not do with the people of Judah and you imagine it made him a social outcast and left him pretty lonely. Nonetheless, it was for his protection and his good and as long as he obeyed, God would keep him and protect him. Understand that when God has set you apart it is for your good. Even in a season of loneliness or when you feel like you don’t fit in know that God is working on your behalf and He is protecting you.



What verse spoke to you the most from this chapter? Be sure to share it to encourage someone else! Tag me so that I can share it as well (IG: @angel_cheron. Twitter: @angelcheron. Facebook: Angel Cheron and add #ChangedHearts #Jeremiah)



No comments:

Post a Comment