Saturday, April 5, 2014

Jeremiah 4



Day 5: Chapter 4:1-31

Oh, my anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain. Oh, the agony of my heart! My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent. For I have heard the sound of the trumpet. I have heard the battle cry (Jeremiah 4: 19, NIV).

                What I love about Jeremiah is that in chapter one he pretty much tells God I can’t do this, I’m too young! He was likely very scared as well but in chapter four we see that he is broken over the people’s sins. His heart hurts because of how Judah has turned away from God and the punishment that is coming on them because of their own actions. How do you respond to other people’s sin? When you see other people rebelling against God or when God shows you a person’s heart that is so far from Him what is your response? It’s so easy to think that’s their problem or this is too much for me to deal with. We’d rather leave it in the hands of someone else to pray for them or to share what God has placed on your heart to speak to them. We have a tendency to not want to offend people so we choose to remain silent when God has told us to speak. God very well may be sending you to reach people that might put you in a place that leaves you to do things you are uncomfortable with but you have to accept the calling. The thing about living for God and loving people is that it should break your heart for those that are lost and have no desire to give their hearts to God. You cannot work towards fulfilling the great commission and not care about souls that remain unsaved! The very thought of that should lead you to cry out for these people. Today I encourage you to pray and get on your face for those who are unsaved. Pray for those in your family who are lost as well. Let’s do our part as the body of Christ. 

I want to leave you with a note from my life application study bible for v 22.

“Judah was skilled in doing evil and did not know how to do good. Right living is more than simply avoiding sin. It requires decision and discipline. We must develop skills in right living because our behavior attracts attention to our God. We should pursue excellence in Christian living with as much effort as we pursue excellence at work.”


What verse spoke to you the most from this chapter? Be sure to share it to encourage someone else! Tag me so that I can share it as well (IG: @angel_cheron. Twitter: @angelcheron. Facebook: Angel Cheron and add #ChangedHearts #Jeremiah)






**Please note Changed Hearts: Matters of the Heart date has changed from April 5, 2014 to April 19, 2014 @ 10:00 a.m.** Changed Hearts: I AM Woman: Woman 2 Woman will still be April 12, 2014 @ 10:00 a.m.!


No comments:

Post a Comment