Friday, April 25, 2014

Jeremiah 24



Day 25: Jeremiah 24:1-8

I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart (Jeremiah 24:7, NIV). 

                The people that were exiled to Babylon were put there for their good. Although that very well did not initially seem to be that case, God tells Jeremiah that He will restore them and He will take care of them all because their hearts are now willing to obey Him. Oftentimes God takes us into different seasons of our lives that seem difficult and that leave us uncomfortable, but He is doing it with a purpose in mind. During these times it helps us to refocus on Him and allow Him to come into our hearts and work in us. Don’t despise the times when you feel like God has exiled you to a different place or even from people. He is trying to get you to come back to Him and He will do whatever it takes to win your soul. Furthermore, He is willing to restore you and give you what you need to sustain you. I love verses 6-7, “My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.” It’s that sweet reminder that we’re never too far gone for God as long as we are willing to turn back to Him. He will build us up, plant us on a solid foundation, and give us the desire to seek Him and to want to know Him. The question however is do you want to have this with God? Are you the good fig tree that’s willing to obey or are you the bad fig tree that is willing to rebel?

No comments:

Post a Comment